Lashes in the Lush

BEAUTY TIPS, TRICKS & TALES FROM THE TROPICS

Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Super Lifesaver:
Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist with SPF50


I consider renaming my blog “Setting Sprays in the Lush”, as writing about setting sprays as a holy grail to survive the hot and humid tropics looking good an put-together (instead of worn-out due to makeup melting) seems to be a constant on my blog. Until I decide to go for such a radical name change, I promise the setting sprays I will be reviewing are not just another one and will be worth it: today, it’s Supergoop!’s Defense Refresh Setting Mist with SPF50, the first setting spray or mist I‘ve come across with an SPF.

“Supergoop! is the only prestige skincare brand 100% dedicated to suncare, making it easy to incorporate UV protection into your daily routine”

With sunscreen no longer being a sticky, tacky, smelly mess as their mission, I wonder why it took me almost 3 years to come across this brand, but alas – sounds like a lifesaver in the tropics! A look on their website learned me that this US brand has anything from face lotions and primers to body butter with an SPF. And a lot of their products come in travel sizes, which is great for a weekend away or just to keep in your bag for whenever you might need it on the go.

Creams, powders, oils...you name it, Supergoop has got it with SPF! 


As a setting sprays and mists addict, I’m trying out Supergoop!’s Defense Refresh Setting Mist with broad spectrum SPF50.


The full size product (100ml) on the left, and the travel size (30ml) on the right; fits the smallest bag

The weightless spray supposedly (1) locks in morning makeup, (2) controls natural oils, and (3) helps to even your complexion. It can be reapplied throughout the day for (4) added protection and (5) an invigorating pick-me-up. Important: in order to protect you properly from sunburn, the skincare and makeup you're wearing and setting should already contain an SPF - which is being refreshed by the mist.

Before applying, the spray must be shaken really well. The first spritz doesn't seem to come out very evenly (the mist contains some bigger drops, which feels wet on my face), but with the next spritzes it's a pleasant wide and even mist, among the best in my experience. The scent is very natural and refreshing, you can really smell the peppermint and rosemary, which are not just added for their invigorating scent:


So does it do what it's supposed to do? The test: a 20 min. walk to the MRT + an afternoon of shopping on Orchard Road (store in, store out; both outdoors and in malls). I did a 'refresher' about 3 hours after the first application, which wasn't really necessary as my makeup was still in place instead of sweating off my face (no shiny forehead + nose either!). The result after about 6 hours: makeup still neatly in place, no shiny patches, no sticky feeling whatsoever. No sunburn either, but not sure whether to attribute this to the spray alone since I was wearing a moisturizer with an SPF as well. The verdict: I love everything about this product, will keep using it and will definitely start trying out more Supergoop! products.

Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist with broad spectrum SPF50
Price: 18 SGD (Travel Size, 30ml); 42 SGD (Full Size, 100ml)
Available at Sephora, in stores and online

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lashes in the Lush | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig