Lashes in the Lush

BEAUTY TIPS, TRICKS & TALES FROM THE TROPICS

Thursday, September 1, 2016

More Quirky Cuteness:
Tony Moly Product Reviews Part II


With my trip to Seoul coming closer, I'm testing the Tony Moly products that I have stocked up the past months, a result of going nuts in the Tony Moly store in Singapore's Bugis too many times and serious beauty hoarding during shopping sprees in Kuala Lumpur. Seoul being Asia's beauty heaven, I expect to at least double my luggage weight with awesome new stuff from this Korean brand when I'll be visiting Seoul mid September. But first things first - this time: "Magic Food" Banana Hand Milk, "Kiss Lover" Lip Click Styling Color and "Pocket Bunny" Moist Mist...

For my reviews of PRODUCTS 1-3 (“Petite Bunny” Gloss Bar, “Egg Pore” Tightening Cooling Pack & Pure Bamboo Cool Water Soothing Gel) see my previous post.


Don't forget to read my previous post on Petite Bunny” Gloss Bar, “Egg Pore” Tightening Cooling Pack & Pure Bamboo Cool Water Soothing Gel


PRODUCT 4: Tony Moly – “Magic Food" Banana Hand Milk



Awww this packaging is SO MUCH FUN! The scent however you’ll either love or hate: unmistakably banana. It reminds me of the sugar coated, bright yellow banana candy that I used to binge-eat in high school, back when the school cafeterias weren’t taken over yet by Jamie Oliver’s health squad and the typical diet of teenagers consisted of hot dogs, cherry coke and candy. As strong as the scent may seem in the beginning, it does not last too long and is gone after a few minutes, so you won’t feel like a piece of candy for the rest of the day. This moisturizing banana hand milk contains nourishing banana and camomile flower extracts. In addition, shea butter and milk protein extracts provide moisture and improve the elasticity of the skin.

Smells like...

The texture of the product is initially somewhat curdy (like a mashed banana!) but becomes smooth upon application. The product is absorbed really fast and won’t leave an oily sheen or sticky feeling like many hand creams do.


In the humid tropics, I don't use hand cream on a daily basis as my hands aren't dry here at all, but will definitely keep this product in mind when visiting Europe this winter. Anywhere below 15 degrees Celsius (i.e. most of the time in my home country Holland), the skin of my hands usually dries out and cracks resembling the Grand Canyon. Besides the Banana Hand Milk, Tony Moly offers a Banana Sleeping Pack, which I can't wait to try!

Tony Moly – “Magic Food" Banana Hand Milk, 45ml
Price: 14,90 SGD


PRODUCT 5: Tony Moly – "Pocket Bunny" Moist Mist 



Travel necessities for my trip to Seoul - one of the things that will definately be in my cabin luggage is Tony Moly's pocket bunny!

Like Tony Moly’s Petite Bunny Gloss Bar, this is one the cutest product I have ever seen: I love bunnies, I love pink and I love cosmetics, so even if this product doesn’t do anything for me I will just keep looking at it for hours enjoying its cuteness. There are two different Pocket Bunnies, a pink "Moist Mist" that is moisturizing (the one I'm trying) and a white "Sleek Mist" that is brightening (the reason I'm not trying it).


Pocket Bunny "Moist Mist" (left) and "Sleek Mist" (right)

The Moist Mist has a very light but sweet peach scent and provides instant relief to skin when it gets too dry, like when spending a lot of time in air-conditioned rooms and traveling by air. The mist has special moisturizing ingredients such as raspberry, strawberry, peach and baobab tree extracts for long lasting hydration.

I find the mist very refreshing; the scent is sweet but not too overwhelming (you must like the scent of a very sweet peach though) and the mist feels very fresh, mild and soothing on my skin - as mild as the wobbling tail of a fluffy bunny. According to the Tony Moly website, you can tap the product into your skin after spraying (hold the product 20-30 cm away from your face and press to spray), but I don't find this necessary as the light and airy spray is diffused really well right away when you press the spray head. The product can be used both on bare skin or on top of makeup - in the latter case, the mist has a mild setting effect, keeping your makeup in place a bit longer (not as forceful as true makeup setting sprays though).


I'll definitely bring this product on my trip to Seoul - the itinerary for my trip will be Singapore-Tokyo-Kyoto-Seoul-Kuala Lumpur-Bali-Singapore, and I will thus be travelling quite some time by air. This cute travel companion contains only 60ml, so no issues bringing the bunny in your carry-on luggage! Except some jealous looks on the plane perhaps, I mean, who does not want to have this product?!

Tony Moly – “Pocket Bunny" Moist Mist, 60ml
Price: 19,90 SGD


PRODUCT 6: Tony Moly – "Kiss Lover" Lip Click Styling Color



This is the first non-quirky Tony Moly product I try, so expectations are high as this time the -usually lovely- product design cannot make up for what the product might possibly lack. Which obviously I don't expect of Tony Moly, but you never know. Although the packaging of this troduct isn't cute or quirky like Tony Moly’s other products, it does look very stylish. Graphic, like you see with many Korean cosmetics; either the products look over the top cutesy and girly OR they have a sleek graphic design with blacks and metallics, that’s not girly at all but more androgynous.

Lip Click Styling Color is a pen-like lipstick. That is, texture-wise, the product itself is a lipstick, but it isn't packaged like a classic lipstick but like a pen containing the actual lipstick instead. The type of packaging that usually contains a lip ink or lip tint. At the bottom of the pen there's a button that you need to press in order for the lipstick to come up, i.e. instead of the typical twisting movement you need to make for a classic lipstick to appear.


The lipstick promises "moisture and volume, giving moisturized lip care". It contains what Tony Moly calls "In & Out moisturizers", emollient ingredients such as Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Rosehip Oil and Argan Oil, and a "Blooming Flower Complex" that consist of Cherry Blossom, Rose and Lotus Flower extract.

The availability of colours differs per country. There are both matte and glow colours, above overview gives a good impression of the type of colours: rose pinks, burgundies and corals. I'm testing the G04 Selfie Coral, a Glow version.


The product feels very creamy and soft upon application. After 10 minutes it still feels the same way, it stays moist and soft and doesn't really dry or 'set' on the lips. Which unfortunately I'm not a big fan of. I love to wear tons of layers of makeup, except when I feel a product physically laying on my lips (hence my preference for lip inks and lip stains). I do however really like the result - on my lips the colour isn't as coral as it seems in the stick itself and on the swatch on my arm (see above picture). G04 Selfie Coral is a very natural hue, more towards nude pink but with a slight coral undertone. On selfies (I actually really dislike making selfies, not the best trait for a blogger...) the colour looks very 'put together', very natural and effortless But even though it's called Selfie Coral, I can't seem to get the right picture to accurately show what the colour looks like. The one below right is a bit blurry but does represent the colour most accurate:


There's one other picture that shows the coral undertone pretty well, which I will share through instagram (lashes_in_the_lush) later this week.

As I do like the colour but don't like the moist and creamy feeling on my lips so much, I'm going to experiment with loose transparant powders and setting sprays to see whether this takes away the creamy feeling somewhat...in case I manage, I will definitely report about it on my blog!

Tony Moly – “Kiss Lover" Lip Click Styling Color, G04 "Selfie Coral"
Price: 25,90 SGD



Where to buy?


Tony Moly products are available in Singapore at the following locations:

- Official Tony Moly Store, Bugis Junction
- The Shilla Duty Free Cosmetics, Changi Airport

And online (limited assortment) through:

- Althea
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lashes in the Lush | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig