Lashes in the Lush

BEAUTY TIPS, TRICKS & TALES FROM THE TROPICS

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Dreaming away with Sephora's "Beach Vibes" Shower Jelly & Shower Balm


I've been living in Singapore for more than 3 years now, and feel the fall weather hasn't been as extreme as it currently is: either scorching hot or raining cats and dogs. Remarkably, both types of weather make me long for the beach, as I find myself in need of either a serious cool down or warming up. If the weather or my busy schedule doesn't allow going to the beach, I go for a quick fix with Sephora's Beach Vibes Bath & Body range. One whiff of the addictive scent makes me instantly feel like I'm spending a lazy day on a beautiful tropical beach, laying on a stretcher while drinking from a coconut, with a pleasantly warming sun and refreshing sea breeze. Sounds tempting? Come dream away...

From their masks and deodorant wipes to their makeup remover, I absolutely love Sephora's house brand "Collection" products. Needless to say, I was devastated when I found out their mono-scented (a.o. Mango, Vanilla, Grean Tea, Cotton Flower) Bath & Body collection was to be discontinued this summer. Luckily, their new Bath & Body range is just as good, if not better, with fabulously scented products such as Shower Jelly, Granita Scrub and star-shaped Fizzing Bath Bombs (too cute).


Sephora's new Bath & Body Collection

The new scents are designed to awaken experiences, like a pillow fight in clean sheets, rolling in the grass on a fresh summer morning, and (my favorite) the aforementioned lazy afternoon at a tropical beach. Sephora doens't mention the actual fragrances notes of Beach Vibes on their website, but what I smell is Coconut and Monoi Flower, reminiscent of a combination of beach, PiƱa Colada, sun, luxurious sunscreen, and warm sand caressed by a fresh ocean breeze.

I love how it instantly makes me relive the carefree moments I spent on the most awesome beaches allover the world: Uruguay's Punta del Este, Crete, Fiji, St Lucia and Mustique. Yup, I'm a lucky b*st*rd. Dreaming away in my bathroom, I tried both the Shower Jelly and Shower Balm. The Shower Jelly is a refreshing gel that melts onto your skin and produces a gently cleaning, luxurious lather, whereas the nourishing Shower Balm feels richer and creamier.


Sephora "Beach Vibes" Shower Jelly (left) and Shower Balm (right)

Both are equally awesome and will definitely go with me when I travel to the rainy, cold, and Sephora-less Netherlands in December; I have a feeling I will need them!

Sephora Collection: "Beach Vibes" Shower Jelly, 250ml
Price: 14 SGD

Sephora Collection: "Beach Vibes" Nourishing Shower Balm, 150ml 
Price: 7 SGD

Available at Sephora, in stores island-wide and online.




SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great article! Thanks for sharing I added some thoughts on Deodrant wipes sometime ago

    ReplyDelete

© Lashes in the Lush | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig