Lashes in the Lush

BEAUTY TIPS, TRICKS & TALES FROM THE TROPICS

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Must-have Beauty Products for Hot Mamas - PART 2


Part two of my absolute beauty lifesavers for moms that refuse to stop caring about how they look and feel because of momlife: "how to fake looking (and smelling) clean and well put together, as well as claiming that well-deserved me time". BAM!

From a practical point of view, I've learned that motherhood can be summarized as a sudden, paralyzing disability to just get anything properly done anymore. Except for child-related tasks and demands; the past months I became an absolute star in single-handed diaper changing, bottle feeding and assisting a screeching baby B to his pacifier, for god knows how many times. As I'm writing this with one index finger, Baby B is crying nonstop, I'm on the phone with Ministry of Manpower about an employment issue we both don't seem to understand and yelling at the Redmart delivery guy not to leave a bag of frozen goods at my sunny porch at noon. I've got some appointments with clients in CBD in the next hours, still need to figure out what to serve my husband for dinner AND want to attend a Pilates class end of the afternoon. I sure won't be arriving as flawlessly coiffed and mentally fit (last week I actually forgot my baby's name when someone asked, not lying...) at my work meetings as I used to.

Like the products I shared before, the beauty products I share below have been absolute lifesavers for me as a new mom. To fake looking (and smelling) well put together and clean, as well as a great excuse to claim some well-deserved me time.


OUAI - Dry Shampoo



Apart from being incredible practical (try washing, conditioning, blow-drying, straightening and styling your hair with a crying baby), this dry shampoo adds an instant whiff of chic to your not-so-glam life as a (new) mom.

It has an amazing and long-lasting scent, "Ouai No. 2 Fragrance", that is a refreshing and mesmerizing cocktail of Italian lemon, amber, and white musk. A very welcome change to the persistent smell of old milk, wet diapers and unwashed hair (the choice between sleep or clean hair is quickly made, eh?) that I feel has been my signature scent lately.

OUAI, Dry Shampoo 132ml
Price: 36 SGD
Available at Sephora, in stores and online


HERBIVORE - Coconut Milk Bath Soak & Detox Soaking Salts



Because sometimes mama just needs to chill. Handover your baby to your hubby, helper or babysitter and tell them not to disturb you for at least one hour. Take a book or magazine or put on some music, fill up your bathtub, add some Herbivore Botanicals Soak or Salts and just relax. 'Me Time' isn't bullsh*t once you're a mother, as many moms claim - just claim your time instead! And don't feel selfish for indulging and taking time for yourself, as in order to be a good parent, self-care is crucial. 

My regular do-not-disturb-me bathing sessions really helped me through the first chaotic weeks and I particularly liked Herbivore Botanicals' "Coconut Milk Soak" and "Detox Blue Clay + Eucalyptus Dead Sea Soaking Salts".

Herbivore Botanicals, Coconut Milk Bath Soak
Price: 28 SGD (226gr) / 50 SGD (452gr)

Herbivore Botanicals, Detox - Blue Clay + Eucalyptus Dead Sea Soaking Salts
Price: 28 SGD (226gr)

Both available at Sephora (I got mine online)


BIO OIL - Bio Oil



Serious skin maintenance shouldn't be limited to preventing the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy. Made of collagen and elastin, our skin expands when we gain weight during pregnancy. After giving birth, our belly has a hard time returning to the shape it once was, with loose skin and a saggy tummy as a result. What I found that works well is first of all to be nice to that piece of pudding on your belly and pamper it, instead of despising it. That's step 1, because it will take a while and some hard work before it's gone.

Step 2 is continuing to use body oil post-partum as well, as it leaves your skin smooth and improves elasticity. I love Bio Oil as it's light and non-greasy. I used it during my pregnancy with zero stretchmarks as a result, and feel it has been really firming my "belly pudding" over the past few weeks, using it twice daily. A nice bonus is that it helps improve the appearance of stretch marks and scars if you have any, in my case only the latter as I had a c-section.

Bio Oil, 125ml 
Price: 25,90 SGD
Available at a.o. Watsons and Guardian

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lashes in the Lush | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig